Auric Ego Smoke Reflect Eye Shadow Duo ($39.00 for 0.23 oz.) features a sparking, hotter pewter powder eyeshadow paired with a darkish, grayish-taupe cream eyeshadow. For individuals who like high-shine, high-sparkle eyeshadows and like a cream eyeshadow that has longer play time, each could attraction. If you happen to are inclined to put on your cream eyeshadows extra sheered out, the darker base of this doesn’t fairly lend itself to sheering out as readily as different shades.
Ego (Powder) is a light-weight, golden pewter with hotter undertones and a glowing, high-shine end. The feel was clean, skinny however not too dry, and whereas it was extra firmly-pressed, it wasn’t as vulnerable to fallout as one thing with a unfastened press however was greatest used with a reasonable hand/strain. I did discover that I most popular software with a dampened brush when attempting to make use of it as a standalone product, whereas a dry brush or fingertip labored nicely for utilizing it as extra of a layering shade (it appeared supposed for each capabilities).
It had semi-opaque, buildable protection, although the bottom itself was extra translucent, which was as described by the model. The product utilized evenly to reveal pores and skin and had little or no fallout, even used dry, because it adhered fairly nicely. It stayed on properly for eight hours however had mild fallout over time.
- Clionadh Elixir (P, $5.25) is darker (90% comparable).
- Dior Party in Colours #3 (LE, ) is darker (90% comparable).
- Tom Ford Beauty TFX1 (LE, $36.00) is much less shimmery, darker (90% comparable).
- Natasha Denona Glam (328M) (PiP, $29.00) is hotter (90% comparable).
- Sydney Grace John (PiP, $6.00) is darker, cooler (90% comparable).
- Melt Cosmetics No Regrets (LE, ) is darker (90% comparable).
- Sydney Grace Fire-Butts (LE, $6.00) is brighter (90% comparable).
- Make Up For Ever D552 Crystalline Gray Beige (P, $17.00) is much less shimmery, lighter, hotter (90% comparable).
- JD Glow White Gold (P, $7.50) is darker (90% comparable).
- Chanel Or Blanc (926) (LE, $30.00) is much less shimmery, darker, hotter (85% comparable).
Ego (Cream) is a deep, grayish-taupe base with superb, multi-colored pearl all through that gave it smooth sheen. It had wealthy colour protection in a single layer the place somewhat went a good distance. The darker, grayish base made it more durable to use it as a sheer wash and get a very even end, although. In individual, it learn extra blended than it appeared within the picture, although (type of like how lip merchandise can settle kind of noticeably “in individual” than in a close-up picture).
The feel was clean, emollient with out being as moist as anticipated; it was somewhat airier and mousse-like, which gave it good adhesion with better protection whereas remaining blendable alongside the perimeters. It was a method that had extra play time, which some could choose, however I wanted to buff/mix out the product on my inside lid space because it settled a bit into superb strains because it was drying down (although this didn’t occur in my precise crease). As soon as I did that, the product completed drying down and lasted for 9 hours earlier than displaying indicators of creasing.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for particulars on normal efficiency and traits (like scent).
- Tom Ford Beauty Moss Agate #3 (LE, ) is extra shimmery, hotter (85% comparable).
- Give Me Glow Pistol (P, $7.00) is extra shimmery, darker, hotter (85% comparable).
- Sydney Grace Albert (PiP, $6.00) is extra shimmery, cooler (85% comparable).
- Tom Ford Beauty Spring 2015 (LE, $45.00) is darker, hotter (85% comparable).
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Eleganza (LE, ) is extra shimmery, darker, cooler (85% comparable).
- Bobbi Brown Black Pearl (LE, $38.00) is extra shimmery, lighter, hotter (85% comparable).
- Bobbi Brown Serpentine (LE, $38.00) is extra shimmery, darker, hotter (85% comparable).
- Charlotte Tilbury The Huntress (LE, ) is extra shimmery, hotter (85% comparable).
- Dior New Look #1 (PiP, ) is extra shimmery, darker, hotter (80% comparable).
- Dose of Colors Slinky (P, $20.00) is extra shimmery, lighter, hotter (80% comparable).
/0.17 oz. – $0.00 Per Ounce
It’s imagined to be “clean, longwear[ing], [and] creaseless” cream eyeshadow. The feel was a cross between a standard cream eyeshadow (which may really feel wetter and thinner) and an airier, extra whipped mousse. It was an intensely pigmented method the place one didn’t want lots of product to get a fair layer of product on the attention.
That they had a reasonable dry down time; they did dry all the way down to a extra powder-like end that wasn’t budge-proof–I may nonetheless soften the perimeters a bit–but had a bent to settle into my superb strains on the inside lid space because it was drying down, so I needed to buff the product again out to even the product out. As soon as I did this, it did not hold creasing after the dry down. If I utilized and buffed out the product as a sheerer layer of product, then this wasn’t a difficulty as much less product was extra apt to dry down pretty rapidly in comparison with a extra opaque layer of product.
The consistency dried down however wasn’t thick, heavy, or rigid, so it paired nicely with different powder eyeshadows (not simply the one included with it) and might be used as an eyeshadow base or eyeliner as nicely. Except for the preliminary creasing (which I may mix/buff out) because it was drying down, as soon as it dried down, I did not get creasing till the eight to 9 hour mark.
Browse all of our Auric Smoke Reflect Cream Eye Shadow swatches.