Hey Dr. Irwin, I’m in my 30s and contemplate doing a fraxel laser to enhance my pores and skin tone. I don’t have any main points so, my query is shall I do that or depart it for later after I may have it extra? Are there any risks associated to its use? Finest regards, Kate
The Fraxel laser has many sturdy factors. It has a observe file of 10+ years now. Most workplaces who’ve it have a depth of expertise with it, so fewer errors are made. It’s typically protected and efficient…….except you have got melasma.
What’s the distinction between Fraxel, Fraxel Twin and Clear & Good that are all made and marketed by the identical firm?
Fraxels have principally been changed by the newer mannequin the Fraxel Twin. However ask your supplier which they’ve. The Fraxel simply has one “head” the 1550nm and the Fraxel Twin has two heads, 1550nm and 1927nm. What meaning for you is that with the Twin you get the advance in texture with the 1550nm plus you get enchancment in pigmen with the 1927nm?
The Clear & Good is a half of vitality Fraxel. For instance, we do a “Clear & Good” treatment in our workplace with our common Fraxel at half of vitality, and name it Fraxel Lite or Child Fraxel. Why do this? Sure, the outcomes are much less, however there’s nearly no downtime, and some sufferers simply can’t take day without work work. They do a sequence of lighter therapies.
Pros of Fraxel laser
- It’s useful for upkeep and superficial collagen constructing for all ages.
- Nice (in a sequence of therapies) for superficial pimples scarring and texture issues
- Pigment brought on by solar harm (not melasma). When you’re undecided which you have got, please see a dermatologist.
- Good for superficial wrinkles, and effective strains
- For early crepeyness across the eyes, there’s an FDA permitted eye tip.
Cons of Fraxel laser
- Don’t do Fraxel lasers, in case you have melasma, except your dermatologist is actively collaborating in your care. It could make your pigment worse….a lot worse, if not executed accurately. They can assist you with a pre and put up treatment plan.
- It doesn’t enhance purple, and might make it barely worse whereas it’s therapeutic.
- It doesn’t “tighten” pores and skin.
- Not efficient for deeper wrinkles, deeper pimples or surgical procedure associated scars.
*When you’re contemplating a Fraxel and have pigment/brown spots because of solar harm. Use a light plant based mostly lightener, like this one, pre and put up process for 2-Four weeks.
Hope this helps,
Dr. Brandith Irwin