Please inform me what you already know about the DEKA laser. I’m 63 years previous. I’ve wholesome pores and skin however am exhibiting indicators of laxity on my cheeks and jowls, have wrinkles round the eyes and throughout the brow; I’ve some veins at the nasal entrance I need to go; some largish pores on the nostril; and darkish chin hair and decrease jawline peachfuzz that has gotten heavier with HRT. I’ve performed microneedling twice and Fraxel as soon as in the previous however assume it’s time to examine a stronger laser. Am I taking a look at the proper product? How this laser completely different from Fraxel. Will utilizing a laser do extra to enhance my pores and skin than attempting microneedling with RF like Profound and one in every of the others? I’m hesitant to do a facelift. I exploit a PCA retinol, Vit C and B, Neocuits eye cream and serum; and moisturize with Pores and skin Ceuticals Triple Lipid and AGE together with zinc oxide primarily based sunscreen every day. I wash with Cetaphil or CeraVe twice in the night and as soon as in the morning.
You ask a ton of fine questions! Do you know you may as well ask questions on Instagram at @drbrandith_skin? Okay, I’m going to deal with as a result of I believe a number of shoppers are questioning the similar issues.
What lasers/RF can and can’t do for you.
- Veins round the nostril. These can completely be improved and nearly vanquished! Search for a Vbeam or an IPL with a Nd:YAG head. We use the latter as a result of it’s extra versatile, however Vbeams work properly too. You might want 2-Three therapies relying on the dimension. You’re going to get extra of those and a few of the previous ones will come again, so count on to want a therapy each 1-2 years. Typically for very cussed, massive ones, we’ll inject a drop of concentrated glycerin, however consultants solely on this.
- Giant pores on the nostril. Truthfully, these are oil glands which are massive on everybody. In my view, no laser or microneedling makes sufficient distinction to be value the cash. Hold them very cleaned out with a retinol or glycolic product, facial, and occasional microdermabrasion or Hydrafacials. Okay…or a delicate squeeze…mild is the key phrase.
- Hair elimination on the face. The darkish hairs will reply to laser hair elimination therapies (normally diodes or YAGs). The blond (vellus) hairs received’t. Have you ever tried Vaniqa prescription cream or dermaplaning for the lighter hairs?
- The nonsurgical facelift. 10 years in the past, this was not attainable, now we’re getting fairly shut by combining the deep RF microneedling with fractionaed CO2 (we use the DEKA). Relying on how a lot laxity/jowls you might have, you could want 2-Four therapies over 1-2 years to obtain your targets nonsurgically. Additionally, when you have a fats pocket below the chin, that will want to be addressed with Coolmini, Kybella or focused liposuction.
- Fraxel is a wonderful laser for pigment, superficial texture issues and gentle pimples scarring. It doesn’t go deep sufficient to tighten.
Skincare products to maximize
- You’re doing an incredible job in your products….stick with it! You might like our MadisonMD Zero Irritation Retinol, or Eye Rescue Cream. Please be certain your sunscreen has 10-20% zinc relying on how a lot time you might be open air.
Hope this helps,
Dr. Brandith Irwin